Opera singer recovering after stabbing
Doctors 'hopeful' about Giuseppe Di Stefano
ROME, Italy (AP) -- Italian tenor Giuseppe Di Stefano was being taken off sedatives and doctors were hopeful about his recovery from injuries sustained in an attack at his home in Kenya last week, an official of the Italian Consulate said Tuesday.
Doctors at the hospital in Mombasa, where the 83-year-old Di Stefano is being treated, first operated on the retired opera star last Wednesday, a day after the attack, Tommaso Castellano, Italy's honorary consul, said by telephone from Mombasa.
[Click here for remainder of article.]